(Potential) Custody Court for Pets in Pennsylvania

If your marriage is rocky but your pet is still dearly beloved, there may be good news on the way.  Pennsylvania HB 1432 would, upon the request of either party, require a family law judge to provide for the possession or care, or both, of a companion animal (i.e., a pet) of the parties. 

Additionally (or alternatively), the bill would allow parties to enter into a property settlement agreement that would provide for the “periods of time during which each party will possess the companion animal” and “the financial responsibility of each party regarding the care of the companion animal.”


Posted in Newsletters, Personal / Family  |  Leave a comment

Leave a thought...